We avoid the content right, image left templates. These tend to be very text heavy and the image is generally a very general one, positioned there to make the slide look good. When we storyboard, we ensure that the logic for displaying content, instructional strategies are sound. It is not based on the whims and fancies of anyone. What is an ID required to do?
- An ID must ensure that they have a learner persona in front of them always. Please map every design idea to this persona.
- An ID must ensure that the content is held together with a common theme that the learner can relate to.
- An ID must ensure that the instructional flow is maintained through the training program.
- An ID must ensure that every page/slide is designed with the learner and the objective in mind.
- An ID must ensure that quality is never compromised.